The epic conclusion to Mother Angelica’s biography and a final tribute by Raymond Arroyo
In 2005, Mother Angelica’s authorized biographer, Raymond Arroyo, published the New York Times bestselling book Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles, which traced her tortured rise to success and exposed the fierce opposition she faced, both outside and inside of her church. Arroyo was a close friend and colleague who maintained a powerful relationship with Mother Angelica up until her recent death this past Easter Sunday, March 27, 2016, at 92 years old in Hanceville, Alabama. Arroyo intimately completes the saga of her life in MOTHER ANGELICA: HER GRAND SILENCE (Image Books; May 17; $23.00) and writes candidly about his personal twenty-year relationship with Mother Angelica from the inspiring to the vexing to the tender, even sharing an early titanic battle that almost ended their friendship before it began.
Mother Angelica experienced a series of strokes in 2001 which led to a severe physical disability. Retired from her Eternal World Television Network (the global Catholic television and radio empire that she founded out of a monastery garage in 1981), Mother Angelica returned to her life as a cloistered nun and continued her mission to reach the masses with a message of hope in ways she never expected.
• Super¬natural attacks were prevalent during Mother Angelica’s last days. The book offers readers a firsthand glimpse of the mystical and diabolic phenomena surrounding her, including multiple encounters with dark forces.
• For the first time, Arroyo reveals Mother Angelica’s final bargain with God, which she shared with him exclusively. Though Mother Angelica would not foresee the consequences of her request—intense suffering and a protracted silence—this revelation sheds new light on the final years.
• Arroyo reveals details of Mother’s 2004 secret journey to the Far East, a trip that would physically cost her and became a turning point in her life. The journey included unforeseen events that would severely impact Mother Angelica until her last breath.
• Arroyo offers intimate stories of Mother Angelica’s early years never seen before in print, including Mother’s memories of her parents’ devastating divorce and tense relationship.
• Arroyo reports on Mother Angelica’s fight to preserve her religious community in spite of her physical limitations. Included here are the formal Vatican investigation of her monastery and the fulfillment of her desire to build new monasteries around the world.
• Paradoxically, during her fifteen years out of the public eye, she reached more people due to the growth of her network and via bestselling books and changed more lives than at any point in her twenty years of active broadcasting. Personal testimonies and letters from people whom she reached spiritually from her monastery, including those lost to addictions and battling devastating diseases, are chronicled here for the first time.
This is the final chapter to Mother Angelica’s life, and a universal story for anyone caring for a loved one. In MOTHER ANGELICA: HER GRAND SILENCE, readers will discover the tremendous value of every life, even that of an invalid, and an epic tale of perseverance, faith, and hope to be found on the far side of suffering. Get your copy today HERE.
WILL WILDER: THE RELIC OF PERILOUS FALLS
AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE NOW!!
So excited to finally share Will Wilder’s fun, hilarious adventures with you. You can get your copy now, right HERE. And be sure to watch the new trailer…your kids (and the kid in all of you) will love this. Be sure to come see me on the Will Wilder book tour. All the tour info is below. Can’t wait to see you… Let the adventure begin!!
BOOKLIST REVIEW OF WILL WILDER: THE RELIC OF PERILOUS FALLS
WILL WILDER: THE RELIC OF PERILOUS FALLS Arroyo, Raymond (Author) , Caparo, Antonio Javier (Illustrator) Mar 2016. 336 p. Crown, hardcover, $16.99. (9780553539592). Crown, library edition, $19.99. (9780553539608).
After an incident involving a homemade catapult and a donkey ride gone bad leaves Will’s brother with a
broken arm, their family trip to Florida is canceled. In an attempt to fix everything, Will hatches another
harebrained scheme and sets out to steal an ancient relic—a bone of Saint Thomas that has healing powers.
However, Will’s theft unleashes demons on his town of Perilous Falls, thus fulfilling an ancient prophecy
and revealing his own destiny. With the help of the Brethren, led by Will’s aunt Lucille, Will learns he is
the one who must lead the Brethren to defeat the evil forces rising in Perilous Falls. A likable cast of
characters, plenty of suspense, and battles between good and evil fill this exciting tale. With shades of
Indiana Jones and Percy Jackson, Will Wilder’s antics are sure to appeal to middle-grade readers looking
for the next great adventure. — Sarah Bean Thompson
Will Wilder Book Description
Will Wilder is a mischievous, headstrong twelve-year-old with an otherworldly gift—he alone can see the nefarious creatures encroaching on Perilous Falls. For nearly a century, a sacred relic has protected his hometown from the raging waters surrounding it. But when Will “borrows” the relic for his own purposes, he accidentally unleashes an ancient evil.
As boats sink and hideous creatures crawl from the rising waters, Will must set things right before it is too late. With the help of his sweet (if lethal) Great Aunt Lucille, the curator of a museum of powerful artifacts, Will proves that the actions of one twelve-year-old boy can change the world.
Fans of Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Peter Lerangis’s Seven Wonders series will embrace this first epic adventure in a rollicking new series by this New York Times bestselling author.
Praise for Will Wilder: The Relic of Perilous Falls
“Suspense, adventure, humor, a compelling story, and characters that fired my imagination. Great fun and great frights.” —Dean Koontz, #1 New York Times bestselling author “
Will Wilder is a brand-new, refreshing, entertaining, intrepid young hero who magically combines humor and genuine suspense. And I love Great Aunt Lucille!”
—Mary Higgins Clark, New York Times bestselling author and “Queen of Suspense”
“Laugh-out-loud humor, palpitation-inducing suspense, and cliffhangers galore await readers young and old. Who knew the battle between good and evil could be so much fun?”
—William Peter Blatty, author of The Exorcist
“Monsters! Prophecies! Ancient relics! This is a wildly inventive book, and Will Wilder is just the kind of hero you want when the small town of Perilous Falls turns out to be the most important place in the universe.”
—Frank Cottrell Boyce, author of Millions and Cosmic
Must See Clip
World Over - 2015-12-17 – Jerry Lewis Exclusive with Raymond Arroyo